Monday, March 16, 2009

Nice, Quiet Day

Today was a perfect day for staying in my robe until I absolutely had to get dressed -- cool & damp. I worked on my proposal for the Dio Conference presentation and started poking around in Webspiration.
Mind Mapping software is a good thing for folks who need visuals to keep themselves focused--like me. My mother probably would have given her checkbook to anyone who could map my thoughts. If they had this kind of technology around when I was a kid, I probably wouldn't have spent my entire school career thinking there was something wrong with my brain. I knew I was smarter than my test scores. That's probably why I spend so much time with kids who need the kind of help I can offer. With the right approach and application, I can give the kids who can't take tests an opportunity to show that they really know the material if you give them some time and a leg up.
So I signed up for Webspiration (beta) which is free for the time being. Who knows what they're going to ask for it once they're done with the trial. The software is not cheap at all. Soon afterward I got an email from them that they're going to stop adding accounts on the 18th. I just got in. So now I have something else to play with. But if it goes like I want it to, it will make the presentation that much cooler.
I also got started on a Wiki. I figure I'll need one for after the presentation so I can post my information on it for people who lose the handouts.
You can check out the progress.

http://mywebspiration.com/view/116168a32d39

No comments: